Friday, September 23, 2011

Free camping in Dixie



This is a picture of Kabob National Park, but it looks an awful lot like the area I camped at in Dixie National Forest. It looked like this on the drive there, anyway.
Luckily I stopped at the Visitors Center and asked for directions. I always feel like I'm doing something wrong when I ask about free camping--it feels like taking advantage. The woman at the center directed me to 14 East and told me to keep driving to the flats. I turned into Webster Flats and drove down a rocky dirt road until I found a good side road that my car could handle.

All of the trees were Aspens. When I found my site, I immediately began setting up my tent and then gathered firewood. Failed at starting the fire. I play the trees. Cooked grilled cheese and hot chocolate for dinner. Then I immediately went to sleep and got up at 6 a.m. in the dark so I could catch shadows in Zion.

No comments:

Post a Comment