Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lakota Museum



I also visited the Lakota museum. It was so cool. I don't know if the people working there were Natives or not...but the museum is affiliated with St. Joseph's Indian School. I enjoyed looking at the star-quilts and the bead-work shirts and shoes. Some Indian dresses have bells covering them. That would make hunting very challenging, but I guess women didn't hunt much back then.

According to my grandfather, we are related to Sitting Bull, meaning we are distantly related to the Lakota tribes. I think he said his mother was full-blooded. In any case, I remember playing pilgrims and Indians, and I was always an Indian.

I wish I had more pictures to show, but I didn't want to be disrespectful, so you'll have to go yourself if you want to see what it's like.

No comments:

Post a Comment