Sunday, June 5, 2011

Staying with the Blackstones

These are the Blackstone's. The father is the brother of former step mother, Stacey. He's Alex, his wife is Jenika (sorry if I butcher names!), with their three children, from oldest to youngest: Josiah, Joann and Elliot. Josiah is one of the sweetest kids I've ever met. And that's saying a lot, since I don't normally have an affinity for little kids. The children don't watch TV or have internet, so they're left to entertain themselves. While I was there they didn't seem to have any of those nasty dispositions that a lot of younger kids have. I wish I had the patience to homeschool, and wish them luck when they start teaching their kids at home!



The family was very nice in letting me stay with them. I learned a lot about what it's like to live in Amish country, and they told me a little about their old-fashioned neighbors. Jenika had one of her children at home with a midwife who wasn't Amish, but was a branch of the Amish before they broke off.

No comments:

Post a Comment