Saturday, June 11, 2011

Livingston, Montana: Where the modern blends with the western



I came to Livingston, Montana because some famous writers have written there, I think. I haven't had enough time to do research now that I'm on the road, and I passed through pretty quickly. Many of the storefronts are old-fashioned--the same that were around over 100 years ago. According to the chamber of commerce website, Livingston was the "original gateway city to Yellowstone National Park."



Look at the year that this building was put up.



The really confusing part is this: I have stepped back in time, am looking at all these old-fashioned buildings, and some cars, and I can hear kids listening to Eminem on their IPODs...and then I see people riding these crazy old bikes. And I think this is the bike store--I wish I had stopped in and asked if the bikes were new or used, but I don't think it really matters. They were riding bikes that belonged from the time period their town was born in. It was unreal.



I really enjoyed these parallels...the kids hanging out in the skatepark while this beautiful mountain stands behind them.



This was a very pretty bird I followed around in Sacajawea Park. I'll update this entry when I find out what the bird is called.



I also saw this little bird...a finch? It was around 3 pm, and a lot of teenagers and little kids were hanging around. It was the first time I felt like I was in a town with regular people around.

No comments:

Post a Comment