Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Arriving in Yosemite

As soon as I got to Yosemite, I found an empty parking lot, cracked the windows, locked the doors and fell asleep in the back. It was not very comfortable. I hadn't bothered putting all my food in a bear-box either, so I woke up to every sound, imagining that a bear was trying to get in.



In the morning I hiked the Mariposa Grove of the Giant Sequoias. It was much like hiking in Sequoia National Park, only there were more people. The one good thing was that I could get someone to take a picture of me near the trees so it's possible to tell how big they are. These were definitely the biggest roots of the sequoias I saw anywhere.



This is a famous tree known as the California Tunnel Tree.



I hiked up to Wawona point, then took the outer loop back to avoid as many people as possible. I really liked this iron sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment