Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Challis National Forest

 The drive from Utah to Idaho was splendid, especially since my GPS decided to send me up 93 through Challis instead of 75 through Ketchum.
 I tried driving to the 21 mile scarp line, the result of 1983 7.3 earthquake, according to the sign. It was somewhere in the Challis National Forest, but I couldn't find it, and found these awesome caves instead. Of course I was incapable of staying in the car, and had to get out to see what was living in this huge holes in the rock.
 That's me, in case you don't know what I looked like.
 This is limestone covered in lichen with mountains in the distance. Yes, there is snow on them.
I was very happy that no other cars tried coming down this road, because one of us would have been stuck backing all the way down.

No comments:

Post a Comment